Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Party's Over

Yes it is true, the party is over. I am back at school again, and so far off to an alright start. A lot of good things and a lot of bad. I like both my Psych teacher and my DSI teacher(who is deaf) and I am excited for both the classes. It's crazy though; to get an A in DSI I have to go to the silent camp out. Yes that is a whole weekend using nothing but sign... It's not till May so I have time to get ready, but right about now I am not so sure I could do that. I have a deaf teacher and that seems hard enough! But I think it will be a lot of fun, I also may have to find a ride up to Columbus for another mandatory deaf event. But it's true, the only way to truly learn ASL is to immerse yourself into deaf culture. So school is alright so far, but it's more work than I thought. I have to go to the doctor really soon because I have the most painful kidney infection right now. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to the doctor until Thursday night or Friday, because I can't miss school. I can tough it out though, I am keeping it at bay with cranberry juice and lots and lots of water. But boy do I feel terrible right now. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. Also, Drew and I are taking a break right now. It's hard on my emotions, but we are still there for each other and no bridges have been burned, but let me tell you I am struggling a little bit with the whole thing. I think it's for the better so I have to just let things play out. oh well wish me luck.

1 comment:

Cecilia Parma said...

That's actually pretty cool that you're going to that camp! Interesting. I would have probably been hesitant too but I think it will be a memorable experience by far. In the meantime - psychology classes are my favorite. Hope you have a great semester! love you - cece