Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yay for Birthdays

So it is the day after my birthday and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for everything. I had a really good time at home and seeing everyone was really great. I have a new phone too so you can text me again :) and boy can I text.

I absolutely love this phone and am really grateful.
My actual birthDAY was uneventful, but I like that, I just went to school and stayed with my thoughts and thought about the past year.
Like I said I just wanted to say thank you for the calls and cards.

Here's another song. I know a lot of you won't like it, but I like the words and for some reason it breaks my heart. I was thinking a lot about it on my birthday.

Ohio
By Coco Rosie
Out from my window across from the city
I have what's considered a good view
Two blocks from the subway, three from the fountain
Where I walk to break in new shoes

She stands on the sidewalk just waving at taxis
Like horses in parades in passing
I ask where she's headed she tells me,
"Ohio, I've not seen my mother in ages
It's been a long time, a real long time."

Out from my window "How far is Ohio?"
She laughed and pointed out east
She said, "I grew up there with my dear mother
And I haven't seen her since thirteen.

You see, I was taken while she lay sleeping
By my father's hired man
We moved to city so far from my family
I haven't been back there since.
It's been a long time, a real long time."

Out from my window please hear me Ohio
Your daughter wants to come home
She longs to be with you to hug you to kiss you
To never leave her alone

And I've gotten know her to live with to love her
It's hard to see her leave
She belongs to her mother and the state of Ohio
I wish she belonged to me

See you sometime, see you sometime

5 comments:

rosa said...

YAY for your cool new phone! Can I tell you how jealous I am? For a while after dropping my phone in the toilet I thought about maybe, just maybe, trying to copy you and get that cool phone talked down to a reasonable price... but then alas my phone kicked into gear, reminding me that it's not my birthday and I shouldn't spend any money. haha. Love you juji!!

PapaParma said...

The phone looks really great! You have good taste. I like that poem too. Love,
Dad

Cecilia Parma said...

Yeah I'm thinking about getting a new LG Voyager.... you just wait my friend. It will be nice. We can compare and share with each others phones.. on yeah, and if I can't afford that one, I just might end up with the same one as you!!

Cecilia Parma said...

Correction - I'm getting the LG Venus. Touch screen with the regular number pad. A little old with the new :-P

Anonymous said...

How is school going, pundy? I hope all is well with you.