Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's the Only Way to Keep That Last Bit of Sanity

So I haven't updated in a while partially because it has just been crazy with all of this school work. But other than school not too much has really happened. I went through my first wave of testing and I think I did pretty well.
Poli Sci-
97/100 (2 points short of the highest grade in the class)
Interpreting-
Presentation: 92/100
Test: 46/50
Anthropology- 76/87
And I haven't gotten my sign language test back, or taken my Coms 101 midterm. I was really nervous because this has been my worst quarter yet. Everything was(and still is) going wrong, but it looks like I am keeping my grades alright despite the personal troubles. There's more I could talk about but I have to go to class.

Music of the Week:

Paul Baribeau
Brown, Brown, Brown <---Click here for song!
I saw your eyes,
they were brown.
And all the stars
went out.
And the moon got lost,
and it fell in Lake Michigan.
And a tidal wave tore through this town

I saw your hair, it was brown
And the roof flew right off my house
And then my doors broke off their hinges
And all my walls came falling down.

You sipped your pop, it was brown
you gave me a little coca cola kisses
And my heart broke on the night that you(I) left
And there are a few pieces that I still haven't found.

2 comments:

Cecilia Parma said...

Right. The 2nd year being harder is to be expected. Obviously though you are learning that you DO actually have strengths to balance the personal issues and get good grades - just like you said. It happens so don't think it's impossible. And it's actually better to learn to rely on yourself.. not ANY other crutches. It develops character :-)
Love you, smooches, bye.

rosa said...

you're so smart! I took my first midterm and got a 66/75... not awful but i'm used to things being easier... actually i'm used to not taking tests. lol