Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Athens, day 4


So I have been
here since Saturday, and it's been fun. It was really exciting because on Saturday our friends from Lakewood payed us a visit. Needless to say I was almost in tears because I missed them soooooo much. We had a really nice time and went to the abandoned insane asylum near the school. It's HUGE, we went there for Halloween too and it was cool but it was night and I had no sense of scale. Then we went the other day and it was just so cool. The first picture is only Less than half of 1 of the 8 or so wings in total. We got into the old abandoned TB ward and got some pictures. These are some of my favorites that Drew took.






Yeah, kinda creepy. That girl is our friend from home, Betsy.

The door on the right was in the children's wing, for the children who were sick, this was their play area. Overall it wasn't that scary, a little eerie feeling, but not overwhelmingly so. I was just kind of upset that it had been so damaged by kids going in and painting and writing stupid things on the walls, oh well.




Anyway, since then we haven't really done anything. Drew has been studying for his finals, and no one is really ever around unless they are studying. The good news is I found a place to stay for the break and hopefully a job too. My friend Julie Scherma offered me to stay at her place for the break, and I can stay in her sister's room. It's on Hilliard in Westlake so I'll be near where mom works so I can get her car while she's there if I need it. That should work out really well.
Alright, I'll keep you guys updated, love you.

1 comment:

rosa said...

Those pictures are pretty eerie! My sister is so freakin' cool. Does that make me cool by association? ...