Sunday, November 4, 2007

Who ever said you wouldn't need a grappling hook at college?

Yes, it is true. A grappling hook has officially been used at OU, by Drew of all people.
I had to post it cause it just astounded me. So here's the scoop...
Some drunk kid comes back to Jefferson Hall, where a tired Drew(it's about 2:30 a.m.) and a few people are hanging out in the study lounge. There is a bike in the corner of the room, that belongs to one of the girls on the 3rd floor. The kid proceeds to throw the bike out the window(with no reason) to the 2nd floor roof. And one of the R.A.'s calls the cops.
To keep everyone out of trouble, a few of Drew's friends lower him to the balcony, using Drew's Grappling hook, to retrieve the bike safely.
Wow, who would've guessed.
Aaanyway on the bright side, I have arranged my winter quarter schedule. I can't make it official till Nov. 8th, but I have it planned out and hope all goes well. Here's what it looks like:

Monday + Wednesday-
1:10-3:25 Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
5:30-7:20 DSI 112

Tuesday + Thursday
3:10-5:25 Intro to Psychology
7:30-9:20 TCOM 486

Drum roll please...
Bringing me to a grand total of 19 credit hours, geeze.

The Anthropology class is almost full, so I hope I get in. Otherwise I have to take Public Speaking, which I really don't want to take.
That's all my news except Nov. 7th is my last day of class, well hopefully. I will be done with all of my finals except for one by then. I'm hoping the teacher will let me take the final early, because if not, I won't have any classes and I would just have to sit around till the scheduled test date of Nov. 14th!!! That's a whole week I would have nothing to do, which would stink.
I guess we will just have to wait and see!
Oh yea, I was drinking chocolate milk today and I just randomly thought about the song "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" and it's been stuck in my head all day. So I listened to the All Night Yahtzee version on YouTube, man that was a good trip:)

2 comments:

rosa said...

I can't believe you're practically done with your first semester of college. Good luck on all your finals! GO JULES!!

davecharliebrown said...

What's funny is that I'm in a public speaking class right now and I'm taking another one next semester.

Rosa and I are going to see All-Night Yahtzee this weekend. Mmmmmmmmmm hm.