Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Get out of my dreams, and give me a car!

So I'm looking to enter more into the adult world by owning my first car. I already got my drivers license, went to prom, graduated from high school, moved out of the house, got a speeding ticket... You know, everything that brings you from childhood, into an official adult. After weeks of looking at potential cars, sending countless emails, calling countless people, and either getting no response or people not wanting to sell it to me because they think I could do better than their car, I have found my car. It is a 1992 stick shift Honda civic. I am in love! It has high miles and a tire rod that needs replaced but all in all it fits my needs. I mean all I really need/can afford is a beater with a heater and I'm good. I will know tomorrow if it is to be mine and I am so excited I can barely study! So everyone pray for me, and hope that it all works out!


And now for my report on everything else.
I am doing pretty good in school right now. I am struggling with the audio class because of the imposing nature of trying to understand everything there is about sound. But I am just going to sit down with my book this weekend become one with the world of audio production. I am doing alright with my other classes, but I am now halfway through the quarter and that's when things start to get tough. I have a 10 page term paper due at the end of the quarter that I haven't even thought about. So if any of you have any ideas for a sociology term paper pertaining to social issues in our culture, let me know.
This weekend was Drew's b-day and Whitney drove me to Athens to celebrate. I got him a sweet b-day present, pulling my inspiration from the "Dave Brown's-Book of awesome ideas" and wrote out "the 19 things that remind me of Drew". It wasn't as awesome as I had hoped because of the lack of "moolah" but Drew loved it. So we sat around and talked and had a really nice time. But I was feeling a little down in the dumps, because I felt like no one besides Drew remembered or even cared about me in Athens. But that quickly changed when I walked into the house that Drew's B-day party was at.
I was ambushed, everyone yelled my name and proceeded to hug me,pick me up, and give me kisses on the cheeks. Drew's room mate Jeremy even put me on his shoulders and carried me around and I was giving everyone high-fives. I had no idea that people cared that much. All night one by one everyone came up to me specifically to tell me how much they missed me and that they love it when I'm around, it was a good feeling.
So I have been smiling ever since! Drew was nice to me, I feel loved, I feel like people care, I might be getting my first car. This has just been a very good week.

3 comments:

rosa said...

GOOD LUCK! :)

PapaParma said...

It is good to hear you had a nice weekend and you are smiling!
Best wishes for your dream.

davecharliebrown said...

To be fair, Rosa came up with the things she likes about me first. It was her idea. She actually hand-made me a little book when we were dating. Adorable.